Friday, June 11, 2010

39 week update

I had my 39 week appointment this morning. I am 39 weeks and 2 days, only 5 days until Landry's due date. The doctor said that I was 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Not a huge change from last week, but I guess the effacement is pretty important. She told me that if I don't have him by 41 weeks, we will do an induction (41 weeks will be June 23). I have accepted that he probably isn't going to come early and I should just relax and let it happen when HE is ready. Because that is the important thing... that he is done growing and developing and is ready for the outside world. Who cares that I have been ready to meet him and get him out of my belly for 2 weeks! :) My next appointment is Wednesday, my due date... although my doctor did say this week, "I will see you on Wednesday if you don't have the baby before then"... something she did not say last week! So now my only job is to sit back, put my feet up and rest until he decides to make his entrance into the world! I will update if anything starts to happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment