Tuesday, June 8, 2010

False labor sucks!

Yesterday my mom and I went and ran some errands in Amarillo... we walked A LOT. I started having what I thought were just Braxton-Hicks contractions like I have been having more and more of for a week or two now... They started getting stronger and closer together. So I got a little excited, of course! From about lunch time till about 10 pm I had contractions. After we got home and took a long walk, they were pretty strong and uncomfortable (I won't say painful until after I know what the actual labor ones feel like). I took a shower and had a few REAL good ones during that. Then I sat down and they got weaker... and then just stopped. I have had a few more today but nothing consistent or terribly painful. So, I will just be glad that we got some practice timing! One thing that did stick around from yesterday... the cankles. I have been getting swollen by the end of the day for a while now... BUT these stuck around and I have a feeling aren't going anywhere until after the little guy gets here! Oh well, I welcome the cankles with open arms as long as that means he is coming soon. Which it has to because I will be 39 weeks tomorrow! My next appointment with the doctor is Friday. I will update with news then. Looks like there won't be much to report until then anyways.

1 comment:

  1. exciting, chyla!!! you life will change immensely in just a few days :).

    ReplyDelete